- This event has passed.
29th November 2019 @ 10:30 am - 30th November 2019 @ 1:15 pmFree
Following the success of JCS 2018, this second conference on digital literacy provides a focus on the importance of digital capabilities for schools and sixth form colleges – not just the skills required by staff and students but extending to culture and policies. The programme will again be a mix of keynote speakers, lightning talks and workshops but introducing round-table discussions to increase the opportunities to share ideas and help formulate strategic approaches to take-away.
A further change for 2019 is extending the conference to Saturday lunchtime to enable more sessions, more discussion and more time for networking.
Accommodation is bookable separately.
Conference funding opportunity
If you are one of the librarians we’ve heard about who would really like to attend this year’s JCS digital literacy conference but can’t secure all the funding, then click here for the details of a Trust Fund that might be able to help.
Who should attend JCS 2019?
The conference is an important event for anyone in schools worldwide responsible for information and digital literacy, teaching and learning, study skills, and policy relating to any of these areas. It is also relevant for Academy Trusts and other school organisations, Awarding Bodies, FE Colleges with sixth form provision, and university school out-reach teams.
Why should you attend?
5 top reasons why you should attend JCS 2019
- Digital literacy capabilities are essential life skills that must be developed in school…and JCS 2019 is probably the only national conference addressing digital literacy in schools
- You will learn about digital literacy frameworks, combating fake news, and importance of digital citizenship from experts in the field
- You will hear about real world experiences and current practice in developing digital capabilities
- You will be involved in discussions that help formulate strategic approaches for schools
- You will leave with new ideas and renewed enthusiasm to implement changes that make a difference for the benefit of your students and teachers.
Listen to how attending JCS 2018 enabled Gosia, Librarian at Berkhamsted School, to enable ‘demonstrable improvements’ in their students’ research skills.
View the programme (subject to change) here…
View the keynote speaker’s abstracts here…
View the lightning talk presenter’s abstracts here…
View the conference sponsors here…