Cross-searchable access to the full text of more than 2,000 local, regional and national newspapers and periodicals from around the world, plus newswires and websites (many of which are updated several times per day). It also includes thousands of radio and TV broadcasts and transcripts.
No embargo period for over 1,600 titles (available in full text) including…
- UK national newspapers such as The Times (from 1985), The Telegraph (from 2000), The Sun (from 2002), theMirror (from 1996), the Daily Mail (from 1996). The Financial Times is also available from 1999, but with an embargo of 30 days.
- A vast range of UK regional newspapers such as the Daily Record (from 1996), the Glasgow Herald (from 1999), the Yorkshire Post (from 2002), the Manchester Evening News (from 2010), the South Wales Echo (from 2001), and the South Wales Evening Post (from 2012).
- UK magazines and periodicals such as The Economist (from 1988), the New Statesman (from 1996), The Spectator(from 2001), and The Racing Post (from 1998).
- US newspaper and periodicals such as The New York Times (from 1985) and Newsweek (from 1994).
Gale’s largest general interest periodical resource, General OneFile, provides periodical and news information through a user-friendly search interface for all levels of research. Content includes more than 9,000 full-text titles; over 3,700 refereed journals; and hundreds of newspapers – a total of in excess of 14,500 titles (more than 40% of which are unique to the database) with 35 plus years of coverage from 1980 to present.
Titles cover a huge range of topics such as business, gardening, military, nursing, small businesses, health, and hospitality – making them ideal for small business owners, entrepreneurs, the self-employed and users researching their hobbies and interests.
- Hundreds of travel guides from Dorling Kindersley and Fodor’s
- The full collection of National Public Radio programs from 1990 to the present, including searchable transcripts
- Award-winning reference sets including Encyclopedia of World Biography and the Gale Encyclopedia of Science
- Links to thousands of video files including Associated Press Video News
Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL)
An award-winning ebook platform providing access to thousands of authoritative full-text titles from Gale all available on an easy to use interface. With its depth of content and features, GVRL supports information literacy and reinforces the critical difference between authoritative resources and consumer-published content on the web.
- Interface available in more than 34 languages
- ReadSpeaker technology with 19 text-to-speech languages
- Downloadable PDFs allow for offline reading anytime, anywhere
- Readers of all levels will value the ease-of-use and consistent approach to research
- Gale’s InterLink technology connects content within InfoTrac NewsStand and General OneFile to contextually related content within GVRL