(Only available to International Schools in Europe) 15,000 years of American Indian history and culture
American-Indian History offers fast access to more than 15,000 years of culture and history, covering more than 600 Native American groups. Students can delve deep into their topics or examine different perspectives through videos and slideshows, images, biographies of key people, event and topic entries, primary sources, maps and graphs, and timelines. This award-winning database allows for an interactive, multifaceted look at the indigenous peoples of the Americas.
American-Indian History is one of the resources included in the cross-searchable History Research Center, click here to see the other resources available.
Discounts Available: American-Indian History is an Infobase Database, discounts are available when subscribing to any 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6+ databases at the same time (not including e-books or video streaming collections). See all other databases here.
(Only available to International Schools in Europe)
- Topic Centers showcasing the best resources for each topic
- Thousands of primary sources
- Videos, images, maps and slideshows
- Biographies of war leaders, warriors, and soldiers, political leaders and activists, explorers, spiritual and religious leaders, and artists and craftspeople
- Editorially selected pro/con articles on hundreds of controversies in history
- Overview essays giving extensive background on relevant historical topics and eras
- Book chapters from authoritative print titles
- Curriculum tools featuring writing and research tips for students and teaching staff
- Searchable timelines
Access is available via IP Authentication, Referring URL, Shibboleth, Username and Password.
To find out more about how the different access options work please see our General Access Information.
Usage statistics and MARC records are available in the admin portal