Ancient and Medieval History provides thorough coverage of world history from pre-history through the mid-1500s, with special Topic Centers on key civilisations and regions, including Near East, Egypt, Greece, and Rome; ancient and medieval Africa, Asia, and the Americas; and medieval Europe and the Islamic World.
Students can delve deep into their topics or examine different perspectives through topic entries tablet/mobile-friendly videos and slideshows, primary sources, maps and graphs, timelines, suggested readings, and suggested search terms.
All the Infobase history databases in a collection are fully cross-searchable.
Supports independent research, flipped classrooms, project-based learning, and document-based environments.
Ancient and Medieval History is an Infobase Database, discounts are available when subscribing to any two or any three databases at the same time (not including Curriculum Video on Demand). Other databases include: Modern World History, World Religions, Bloom’s Literature, Science Online. See database list here.
- Editorially curated topic centers including articles, shareable slideshows, videos, primary sources, and more
- Thousands of primary sources, many with introductions that provide context and background
- Videos, images, maps and slideshows
- Biographies of notable archaeologists, ancient writers, famous Roman emperors, important pharaohs and queens of Egypt, military leaders, popes, and famous philosophers
- Overview essays giving extensive background on relevant historical topics and eras
- Book chapters written by noted historians
- Authoritative source list of the expertly researched and written content in the database
- Curriculum tools featuring writing and research tips for students and teaching staff
Access is available via IP Authentication, Referring URL, Shibboleth, Username and Password, and Single Sign-On with Google.
To find out more about how the different access options work please see our General Access Information.
Usage statistics and MARC records are available in the admin portal