Findmypast is a searchable online archive of over 4 billion records – everything from parish and school records to censuses and from migration records to military collections from across the globe – and subscriptions include access to the 1939 Register.
About the 1939 Register
The 1939 Register is one of the most important British documents of the 20th century. It is the only surviving overview of the civil population of England and Wales spanning the period 1921-1951 because the 1931 census was destroyed during an air raid on London, and the 1941 census was never taken.
Consisting of 7,000 volumes containing over 1,200,000 pages, the 1939 Register lists the names, addresses, marital statuses, occupations and more of over 41 million people in Great Britain and Northern Ireland on National Registration Day on 29th September 1939.
Findmypast is also working in partnership with the British Library on an important project to safeguard the future of the world’s greatest newspaper archive. The result is the British Newspaper Archive, another fantastic resource for Public Libraries which is also available through JCS.
- NEW! 10 million records from Irish Catholic Parish Registers have also just been made available which means that Findmypast now offers the largest collection of Irish records online.
- Birth, marriage and death records – all accessible with just one easy search
- The most comprehensive collection of census records available online
- The largest collection of parish records available online
- The most comprehensive WW1 collection available online, including medal index cards and service records for the British Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force
- Exclusive! School records, in the first of three schedules releases, 2.5 million names in admission registers and log-books have been made available
- Exclusive! 2.5 million names from the British Library’s India Office collection covering the period 1600-1947
FOR PUBLIC LIBRARIES: Download Findmypast Licence for public libraries
FOR PUBLIC LIBRARIES: Download Findmypast and British Newspaper Archive bundle Licence for public libraries
FOR SMALL ORGANISATIONS: Download Findmypast Licence for small organisations
FOR SMALL ORGANISATIONS: Download Findmypast and British Newspaper Archive bundle Licence for small organisations
IP Authentication, Username and Password
To find out more about how the different access options work please see our General Access Information.
Usage statistics are available, please request them via JCS
Promotional materials and downloads
Download the Findmypast How to Guide and display around your library to help promote your subscription.