Digital educational magazines written by subject experts for A-Level and GCSE students, filled with content to help stretch and challenge learners and support teaching.
Are you looking for subject resources for A-Level and GCSE, aligned with UK exam specifications?
Access to Hodder’s Magazine eLibraries will give your students the edge they need to achieve their best grades. Each digital magazine contains topical articles, cutting-edge research, and brand-new case studies, all written by subject experts. This helps students deepen subject knowledge, develop independent learning skills, and engage with challenging material.
Plus, by including revision support and expert exam advice, this resource helps students know how to perform when it really matters.
How do the eLibraries work?
Users can access both current issues and a magazine archive for each subject. This archive stretches back as far as 2009.
A-Level magazines are available across 14 subject areas, while there are 2 GCSE magazines.
Which subjects are covered?
A-Level: Biological Sciences, Business, Chemistry, Economics, English, Modern World History, Law*, PE, Physics, Politics, Psychology, Religious Studies* and Sociology.
GCSE: History and Geography.
*Available as an archive-only. No new issues released.
- No waiting for new issues to be uploaded: the digital issues are now published online at the same time as the print issues are released and made available alongside the Archives in the newly renamed eLibraries platform.
- Up-to-date: the digital magazines are now released at the same time as print issues – there’s no waiting for new issues to be uploaded!
- Magazine extras: extra resources are available to help you get the most out of each issue. These include worksheets, revision exercises and slides, teaching notes, research links, and multimedia content.
- Easy to identify exam topics: an article will clearly signpost which topic area of the curriculum or exam specification it relates to. This makes it easier for students to hone in on topics, and for teachers to find targeted materials for lesson plans.
- Better browsing: the platform groups each article by topic and provides an interactive index, making it easy to browse across all subject magazines.
- Quick and efficient searching: keyword search helps teachers find brand-new content and save time when creating lessons and activities.
- Use anytime, anywhere: searchable on a wide range of devices and accessible both in and out of the classroom.
“The Head of Physics sets homework articles from Physics Review as homework for his A-Level students, to widen and deepen their understanding of the topics covered in class and to develop an appreciation of how different areas of physics contribute to understanding a particular phenomenon. A history teacher uses Hindsight for homework with his GCSE classes; he finds the articles offer a critical historical perspective of the debates surrounding topics covered in the curriculum. The Head of Geography uses Geography Review to research recent topics to inform his own teaching of the subject.” Terri McCargar, Librarian, Latymer Upper School
Single Sign-on (SSO) : Students and teachers access the resource by entering their school Google/Microsoft email address and password. Please provide the email domain(s) used by both teachers and students when placing your order.
Username and password is also available.
To find out more about how the different access options work please see our General Access Information.
Promotional materials and downloads
Hodder Education has a selection of magazine extras to help you get more from the topics explored in the magazines, including posters, revision exercises, key topic worksheets and more.
Which subjects do the Hodder Education magazines cover?
The e-library platform contains 14 A-Level and 2 GCSE subject magazines.
For A-Level, these are: Biological Sciences Review, Business Review, Chemistry Review, Economic Review, English Review, Geography Review, Modern History Review, A-Level Law Review (Archive 2009-2022 only), PE Review, Physics Review, Politics Review, Psychology Review, Religious Studies Review (Archive 2009-2018 only), and Sociology Review.
For GCSE, these are: Wideworld (Geography) and Hindsight (History).
What is included in a Hodder Education Magazine elibraries subscription?
When subscribed to the Hodder eLibraries, you can access both the current volume of each magazine (published at the same time as the print version) and the complete archive for each subject. This archive goes as far back as 2009 for A-Level titles, 2006 for GCSE Hindsight and 2020 for GCSE Wideworld.
Please note that A-Level Law (as of 2022) and Religious Studies (as of 2018) are archive-only.
Can I print articles?
Yes, you can print articles directly from your browser. While the platform doesn’t offer a separate format for printing, you can easily print the article as it appears on the webpage.
How can I book mark an article or add an article to my lesson plan?
Each article has its own static URL that can be copied and pasted into your lesson plan or online lists.