Objective, in-depth analysis of hundreds of today’s hot topics
Featuring a dynamic design and a wealth of features, Issues & Controversies helps researchers understand today’s crucial issues by exploring hundreds of hot topics in politics, government, business, society, education, and popular culture.
Updated weekly, with an extensive backfile, Issues & Controversies offers in-depth articles, each presenting both sides of an issue clearly, coherently, and without bias—made to inspire thought-provoking debates.
Its straightforward presentation of the key facts, arguments, history, and current context of today’s most important and timely issues makes the database an ideal resource for research papers, debate preparation, and persuasive writing assignments.
Discounts Available: Issues & Controversies is an Infobase Database, discounts are available when subscribing to any 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6+ databases at the same time (not including e-books or video streaming collections). See all other databases here.
- Overview videos introduce the topics and exclusive Educator Resources help to extend the lesson beyond the articles
- Thousands of editorials and opinions via NewsEdge from prominent newspapers and magazines worldwide and across the political spectrum
- More than 150 stand-alone infographics, presenting vast amounts of information in easy-to-access charts, graphs, and tables that make it simple for users to visualize statistics and quickly grasp essential ideas
- Topic based Reuters® newsfeed, editorial cartoons, timelines, primary sources, speeches, congressional testimony, newspaper editorials, and discussion questions and activities
- Clear pro/con statements highlight the main arguments on each side of the controversy, presenting a quick, balanced, and succinct synopsis from supporters and opponents and allowing users to explore all of the controversies related to each issue in one place
- Oxford-style debate videos featuring some of the most prominent political figures, journalists, academics, and experts in the United States and throughout the world on a wide range of crucial topics
- Stand-alone articles that summarise key court cases on major issues in contemporary society
- Comprehensive background articles on all US presidential races since 1996
Access is available via IP Authentication, Referring URL, Shibboleth, Username and Password, and Single Sign-On with Google.
To find out more about how the different access options work please see our General Access Information.
Usage statistics and MARC records are available in the admin portal