Curriculum-orientated database of multi-media content covering all the sciences
Discover the world of science
A comprehensive database that provides contextual information on hundreds of today’s most significant science topics.
Gale In Context: Science draws students into the subject matter by integrating pure information with today’s headlines and videos – showing how scientific disciplines relate to real-world issues, from weather patterns to obesity.
For practical experience, more than 200 experiments and projects are included, ranging from simple to complex.
Five Gale in Context databases (Global Issues, Science, Opposing Viewpoints, World History, and Environmental Studies) are available to schools in the UK through JCS. Discounts are available when subscribing to multiple databases.
- Over 55 reference sets – including the Gale Encyclopedia of Science, the U.X.L Encyclopedia of Science and the Macmillan Science Library
- Full text articles from 375 journals, magazines and newspapers – including Nature, and New Scientist
- 22,000 topic overviews
- More than 200 detailed experiments and projects
- More than 6,000 videos, 158,600 podcasts, and 20,400 images and illustrations
- Links to more than 750 carefully selected websites
- Portal pages, including topics such as Biometrics, Calcium, Carloine Herschel, depression, and String Theory
- Over 8,700 biographies of people important to science
IP Authentication, Single sign-on, Username and Password
To find out more about how the different access options work please see our General Access Information.
Usage statistics are available when you log in to your admin account.