Expansive reference coverage of the full range of scientific disciplines
Science Online offers a comprehensive overview of broad range of scientific disciplines. It contains a wealth of proprietary book and journal articles, images and videos, topic-specific timelines, tables and charts, and diagrams that provide a thorough grounding in all areas of the science curriculum.
Plus Topic Centers feature specially selected content on core science disciplines including biology, chemistry, computer science, Earth science, environmental science, marine science, space and astronomy, and physics to help students find a starting point for their research.
Students can also access unique science eLearning Modules, which target a variety of core topics and feature valuable Teacher Support materials for seamless in-class integration.
Discounts Available: Science Online is an Infobase Database, discounts are available when subscribing to multiple databases at the same time (not including Curriculum Video on Demand). Other databases include: Ancient and Medieval History, Modern World History, World Religions, Bloom’s Literature. See list of databases here.
- 10 science eLearning modules providing an in-depth exploration of a core science subject with extensive sequential articles in a narrative format, key videos and animations, diagrams and images, and glossaries.
- More than 4,000 video clips providing convenient overviews and discussion starters (many specifically produced for Science Online and not available anywhere else) – all videos include full text transcripts that are searchable and display below the video player
- Over 1,600 science experiments and activities, these include downloadable, printable experiments in PDF format; interactive experiments that replicate the in-class laboratory experience
- Lists of leading computer scientists, astrophysicists, inventors, engineers, environmentalists, women scientist, astronauts, and mathematicians, each list includes dates of birth and death, the person’s achievements, and a link to relevant search results
- Articles from the award-winning Today’s Science highlighting recent scientific events and discoveries
Access is available via IP Authentication, Referring URL, Shibboleth, Username and Password, and Single Sign-On with Google.
To find out more about how the different access options work please see our General Access Information.
Usage statistics and MARC records are available in the admin portal