A wide range of trusted online reference products, ideal for public libraries
Offering a choice of high quality products to meet the needs of the general public, young learners, and students at all ages and levels, World Book Online is a great “one-stop” resource for public libraries.
Build your own package of any three, five or seven of the products below. Each package should include at least one Core Product.
World Book Kids: general reference product developed for 6-10 yr olds
World Book Student: all articles from the print edition of the World Book Encyclopedia plus thousands of additional articles, multi-media content and learning resources
World Book Advanced: access to a vast collection of reference materials and ebooks – from high quality encyclopedias to primary sources
Other products to choose from:
World Book Discover, Early World of Learning, Science Power, Activity Corner, L’Encyclopédie Découverte, Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos, Kids eLearn Arabic. Plus Timelines FREE with any World Book Online package!
- Special features and tools
- Thousands of downloadable e-books (World Book Advanced)
- Age-appropriate vocabulary selected for ease of understanding
- A vast collection of primary source documents
- Regularly refreshed, selected content from more than 100 periodicals, provided by EBSCO Content Solutions
- Interactive features that enhance comprehension
- Simple, clean, and user-friendly layout
- Thousands of editorially-selected websites
- Citation builder
- Timeline builder
- Updates on newly revised content each month
- Individual accounts that offer library users the ability to customise the interface and to save content of interest
- An increasing number of databases are optimized for iPads and the most popular Android devices
IP Authentication, Referring URL, Shibboleth, Username and Password, Library ID Card
To find out more about how the different access options work please see our General Access Information.
Usage statistics are available when you log in and go to the Stats tab.
Promotional materials and downloads
Explore the World Book Online Training Site for promotional and support materials to help get the most out of your subscription.